Monday, February 23, 2015

I am not a Terrorist

* If you have a full cylindrical coin bank in your carry-on bag, don't be surprised when airport security becomes very alarmed. They are confident you've got a gun in your bag.


* I bet you're asking yourself why on earth would there be a coin bank in my carry-on. (And, no, this is not a picture of *my* bank - mine was black - this is a random photo I found on-line.) The boring truth is, we were moving and I'd forgotten to pack it, of course. Oh my heck, it was really so funny. The security guard totally started freaking out over my bag. I tried to tell him it was my coin bank and he was like, "Oh no, that is *not* a bank!" He radioed for back up and Hubby and I were trying not to laugh. So they finally got my bag to a place they could rummage through it to find the gun and bomb. Bomb? Oh, yeah, the phone was in there, too. No, not my *cell* phone... the *house* phone. You know, the big brick that plugs into the wall and the receiver is attached to the base with a coiled wire? Yep. I told you, we were moving... everything we'd needed that morning got thrown into my carry-on. I'm sure there were kitchen utensils and extension cords in there, too LOL. So, yeah, security was pulling out all sorts of weird stuff and kept giving me quizzical looks... and then they got to the bank. Poor security guard, he totally deflated! I felt kind-of bad for him. We were at a tiny airport and this was probably the most exciting thing to happen in his entire career. He was sure he'd caught a hijacker or something, and it turned out to just be some crazy lady with her house in a bag. I wonder if he still tells this story, too? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment