Monday, March 23, 2015

Where is my brain?!

My son had prom this past weekend, which reminded me of my most embarrassing moment as a teenager; it’s probably the one that started it all. I was fourteen and with my friends at a dance. I always felt awkward and self-conscious; so nervous no one would ask me to dance. At one point during the evening I was awkward-middle-school-slow-dancing with some random guy. We were having a lovely conversation, but I kept being distracted by my friends who were making kissy faces and “right on!” gestures. I didn’t know what they were so excited about. This guy was cute, but not that cute. As we finished dancing he told me he had a friend that would probably like to dance with me, too. Sure enough, before I’d even gotten back to my friends another guy asked me to dance. Cool! I started slow dancing with him and tried to make conversation, but he seemed very uncomfortable. And, just like before, my friends were seriously distracting. They were jumping all around and making wild gestures and kissy faces. I was so confused! It probably wasn’t until about half way through the song I realized what all the excitement was about. It was a fast song. I had initiated slow dancing to a fast song! ...And the last song had been a fast one, too. ACK! Oh my heck!
(Yes. This is me getting ready for a dance way back in the day...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment