Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Erin's Story

Truth be told, I've never been great at walking gracefully in heels. In fact, even now in my 30s, I wear flats almost every Sunday because it's just better for everybody that way :D

So back when I was 15 it was popular to wear platform heels. My family had just moved to a new state and on one of the first Sundays at church I decided to wear my super cute platform heels with an A-line dress. Our Sunday School class was meeting on the stage because all the classrooms were occupied. Everything was just fine until it was time to leave. As I started going down the 5 steps from the stage, my heel slipped on something and I fell down, landing on my butt. Then proceeded to bounce down each step, my dress sliding higher and higher with each step, until I reached the bottom and my dress might as well have been nonexistent. Oh, and did I mention that the only 3 boys my age at church were walking behind me and saw the whole thing?! Yeah, that was fun. I never wore those shoes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment